Monday, August 25, 2008

I Wish

I know this blog is mostly about things I wish I could buy. But right now, it's about to be about things I wish I could have back.

Today one of my students who was in my class for 1st and 2nd grade stopped by my room to deliver not a flower, not a dog, but a flower dog.
Check it out:


I have never seen such a creation of floral genius. Flowers, basket, pom pom, googly eyes!?! The actual gift is not as meaningful as what this student said. She basically thanked me for being her teacher for two years. What a sweetheart! What student is that grateful?

This is why each day I despise my new class. My last class was a group of kind-hearted, eager, helpful, quiet children, full of love and smiles. This class is a bunch of unruly, spacey, rude, loud brats, full of whining and stink eye.

Whenever I see my smiling waving old students, I get sad when I see my current students making ugly faces and flailing their arms about. This is not an exaggeration. So, if I may say so myself, I wish...I wish I had my old class back.

Maybe that's an unhealthy wish that will keep me from appreciating what I have. I mean my current students can outperform my old students academically, but I don't really care. How can I not want those sweethearts back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never liked any one of my classes quite as much as I liked my student teaching class at Bright Elementary. I loved them. No class could ever compare. It happens :)

Unknown said...

stinkeye from u or them? haha