Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Daily Torture I Like to Call the 101

Sure it looks pretty at night.  But at 3 or 4 in the afternoon, it's a whole other beast. 
I remember when I first had to switch my route to work from the 10 to the 101.  I was initially inspired by the beautiful rolling hills of Hollywood at sunrise, all those historic buildings off the freeway.  Yes, I was drawn in by her looks, then crushed by her fury.  When one stalled car after another extends your commute by 20 min.  that love doesn't last.  For this my friends is what I usually see:


Needless to say, I have fallen in love with my ipod.  I realize after months of listening to the radio, it's junk and sometimes fuels the anger that is already bubbling.  So, when something like Passion Pit comes on with their upbeat songs, I can't help but bob my head and tap my fingers.  When your body reacts like that, there's just no way road rage will take over.  And believe me, I work hard at controlling that demon.  That's why I need  some suggestions for some good bouncy music to counter the non-movement happening on the freeway.  Something along the lines of Phoenix, Matt and Kim, Postal Service, Death Cab...would be nice.  Can you help a sister out?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

101 traffic and all other traffic and road rage are a few thing i don't mind about leaving l.a.

MsG said...

I LOVE your blog! you have successfully distracted me for hours with this picnik thing. Thanks for introducing it on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Francis says Vampire Weekend! Hate the 101!

bagnatic said...

new kids on the block- "hanging tough"