Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The Craftsy Home

A home with personal handmade touches makes for cozy.  That's why I've decided to put my touch on things around our home.  After hemming our interim dining room curtains today, reading an email about making cool wedding crafts, and receiving a text message from a friend wanting a "craft day," I caught the bug. 

The bug nudged me to walk to Borders and find the Crafts section.  I perused a few sewing books and stumbled upon a book that would give me lots of fun little projects to take on, with little fabric to buy.  Yes my friends, there is indeed a book entitled: One-Yard Wonders.  For all of you who have random yards of fabric lying around, there are tons of ideas on how to use it all up. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEinpgGECghEVQMroAelIy1S4G0hidEbzRCB8bbfVe4ppu0qwBxIvXA57sMehSQhFyiV0MErmI3uVQApDKL_UmRdO4wix6s7sDWXxyjmrMrCTO_IpkvUtgiZXLmJYKfnlLE3X2Iv/s400/OneYardWondersBook.jpg
My first project is going to be travel place mats for future summer picnics.  (Will post when completed)

As for those curtains I hemmed today, I'm still in search of the perfect cream fabric with a large bold yellow pattern.  Until then, these will have to do.  (Check out my babies: They're flowering!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE!! Cant wait for craft making time!! :)

esther said...

beautiful! i almost bought that book too!