Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Interesting Wall Ideas

Now that our walls are the perfect shade of cloud.  I need to find some way to adorn them.  The main hurdle is finding something to make the large dining room wall seem less overwhelming.
 
I contemplated a large self made oil painting, or a credenza with large framed posters layered on it leaning against the wall, I even thought about a huge watercolor to decorate it.  I also ran through putting up shelving and layering photos against the wall that way.  But I feel that our home would be full of too many versions of the layered/salon style framed wall.  So, last night the husband helped me find some ideas.

The first is probably my favorite.  I think we may be sold on this idea.  It's even in our colors!
http://www.diyideas.com/images/wall-art_ss3lg.jpg

The second is also tempting.  I was thinking I could showcase the same fabric patterns that would be featured in my quilt throw in the living room.  That way both rooms could be tied together.  I think this is probably the more affordable of the two options.
081009hoops-02.jpg
As you can see, we are trying to throw tradition out the window with our decor...at least in the dining room. :)

No comments: