Monday, July 26, 2010

Tah Dah!

Remember this project?

Well, it's finally done.  After a few trips to Compatto Yarn Salon in Santa Monica, lots of one-on-one tutoring, and hours on the couch stitching, I present to you the beanie of all beanies!


 
Don't look too closely, or you will see how I had to stitch the cable on the edge rather than pick up stitches to knit it.  (Lesson learned: Do NOT, I repeat, NOT cut the tail end of your knitting as it will not maintain its strength.)  Contrary to my fears, the hat actually does not unravel when I put it on.  Quite an accomplishment really.
So it only took...March, April, May, June, July...5 months to complete, and now it's the middle of summer and pretty much unnecessary.  But come December, you'll see me rockin' this bad beanie round town.  And, yes...it's supposed to look like that.

No comments: