Saturday, November 24, 2007

Officially Christmas

With the passing of Thanksgiving, I find myself overwhelmed by an urge to send Christmas cards right away. I love sending them and receiving them. I like sending them the week after thanksgiving so that they can sit on the mantle of one's fireplace for a whole month possibly infecting an entire household with the Christmas spirit. While it may seem like I have lots of holiday spirit to spare, trust me it runs out about the second week of December, after I've gone shopping for gifts numerous times unsuccessfully, and can no longer take the holiday commercials or packed malls, or even a Christmas tune.
I know a lot of people like to put up lists for gift ideas, and I know a lot of people like to get these hints to avoid defeat at the malls. While I generally like the idea of buying someone something you think they'll like, even if they don't (been there), I'm going to put up some things that can give a person an idea of my style at the moment, and potential starting points.
The long/loose cardigan: Lux Thermal Cardigan Lux Basic Long Cardigan
The vest: Lux Double Knit VestBorrowed From the Boys Vest
The flannel shirt:

Kimchi & Blue Mackenzie Plaid Blouse
The if-I-had-boobs shirt:Free People Royal Paisley Top
Other tops that I like:
Tracey Striped CardiganKimchi & Blue Silk Dot BlouseLux Pleated Bib Babydoll
Brushed Mandarin Placket Top LUX BRUSHED HENLEY
And of course socks and stockings:
Chunky Ribbed Tights

Maybe this gives you a peek into what Mary might want this Christmas. More peeks to come.

No comments: