Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Birthday Party Dress Club

BCBGMAXAZRIA Strapless Metallic Lace Dress
My Birthday Party Dress
Esther had the revolutionary idea of giving us an excuse to buy expensive, beautiful dresses. The idea: Buy a dress we'd normally not have occasion to wear, and wear it to each other's birthday parties. Of course, since these dresses are pricey, we'll wear the same dress to all birthdays in 2008. Regardless of birthday activity this dress will be worn, whether to the bowling alley, a bar, club, restaurant, or minigolf. Leading to future conversations that sound like this:
Esther: "Who's birthday was that?"
Me:"Mine."
Esther:"Hmmm, are you sure?"
Me: "Yea look at my hair, that was my birthday."
Someone commented that this was the way "poor people" celebrate. My response: "So! It is our chance to feel special!"
Today we went on the hunt for our Birthday Party Dresses. Behold the beauty that is mine.
In fact, this very dress is one that I have admired all year long in the BCBG window of Westside Pavilion. I never would have thought I'd have reason to buy it or even try it on. Thank you Esther for giving me that opportunity!
This dress will not just be the Birthday Party Dress, but I have a strong feeling that it will make appearances at weddings in '08 too :)
Now I just need to buy shoes and make up to complete the princess feel. At first I thought I should get pink heels, but have been convinced to go with teal or red, though deep brown and green were also suggested. Shoe options to come.
But isn't this dress the prettiest!?!
**If you too would like to have an excuse to buy a fancy dress and look gorgeous, just let me know. I'll invite you to my birthday party.

3 comments:

bagnatic said...

the dress is pretty. i vote for teal shoes or pink if you want to go ultra fem.

Anonymous said...

oh i love it!! i would vote for red. and then a bright red lipstick.
-christine

Anonymous said...

Can you invite me please? although i might be broke by then =(
pretty dress

Julie